Cheese Wonton Soup Recipe
2.5 oz Mild Cheddar Cheese, block type
8 Wonton Wrappers
4 strips Thick Cut Bacon
1 Large clove Garlic
10-12 Cherry Tomatoes
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
4 cups Chicken Broth
2 Large Eggs, beaten
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1. Cut cheddar cheese into 0.5 x 1-inch cubes. Wet all edges of the wonton wrapper with water. Put 1 cheese cube on the center of the wonton wrapper and fold the sides up to form a triangle, then pinch the edges to seal. Repeat this until all wrappers and cheese are gone.
2. Cut bacon into small bite size. Cut each cherry tomato into half. Chop scallions. Peel and mince garlic.
3. In a medium-large saucepan, cook bacon (without oil) for about 3 minutes. Take the bacons out with slotted spoon and place on a plate. Set aside.
4. Wipe off the fat in the saucepan then put the olive oil and garlic into the saucepan. Cook garlic over medium-low heat until fragrant and lightly brown. Add cherry tomatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Return the bacons to the saucepan, sauté just briefly to combine and pour the chicken broth into the saucepan. Increase the heat to bring to a boil.
5. Then reduce heat to medium heat and add salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Put scallions and wonton wrappers into the saucepan. When the wonton wrappers rise to the surface, drizzle eggs slowly through chopsticks or fork into the soup while stirring the soup. When the eggs are fluffy, turn off the heat and remove the saucepan from the heat.
7. Pour the soup into each serving bowl.
*Soup Recipe Contest 2015 Entry