Tuscan-Style Beef and Kale Soup Recipe
1. 1.5 lb lean ground beef
2. 1/2 big rutabaga (about 1 cup of cubes), can be subbed with potatoes
3. 3 cups chopped kale
4. 3 cups chicken broth
5. 3 cups water
6. 2 cloves of garlic
8. 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (add in the very end)
9. Optional: 1/8 cup Frank's red hot sauce
1. Sauté ground beef in a pan with a bit of olive and drain it.
2. Mince the rutabaga
3. In a pot bring chicken broth and water to a boil with salt/pepper, rutabaga and garlic
4. Cook until you can pierce rutabaga with a fork.
5. Add cooked beef into pot and simmer for 10 minutes
6. Add kale, Greek yogurt and frank's red hot sauce. Simmer for additional 5 minutes until kale has softened.
*Soup Recipe Contest 2015 Entry